The FritzBox 5530 Fiber. At the end of 2020, the manufacturer AVM presented its latest router model, the FritzBox 5530 Fiber, now you can finally pre-order the new turbo router. The new device is suitable for use directly on the fiber optic connection and should enable transmission rates of several GBytes per second. We present the new FritzBox to you in more detail here.
FritzBox 5530 Fiber Optics Connection
According to the manufacturer, the new FritzBox 5530 Fiber for connection to fiber optic networks is suitable for all connections to active (AON) or passive optical networks (GPON, XGS-PON), whereby transmission rates of several GBytes per second should be possible. Depending on the provider, the new FritzBox can even be used for gigabit upload connections.
For better distribution within your own four walls, the new router relies on Wi-Fi 6. According to the information, up to 2,400 Mbit / s (5 GHz band) or 600 Mbit / s (2.4 GHz band) ) possible. Wi-Fi 6 and the integrated WLAN Mesh also enable the customer to use many devices in their own WLAN at the same time with low response times.
The 5530 Fiber also has a DECT base for telephony and smart home on board. A firewall, parental controls, remote access, WLAN guest access and, of course, regular updates ensure greater security and convenience. The new model should be suitable for every fiber optic connection in Germany.
The new FritzBox 5530 Fiber is now officially available for pre-order, as can be seen from an AVM information page. The only retailer so far is in certain store, where the router can be ordered at a price of 169 euros. Buyers have to be patient here, however: Delivery of the new FritzBox is only expected from the beginning of February.
FritzBox 5530 Fiber: Specification
- The new FritzBox 5530 Fiber should offer the best connections in the fiber optic network.
- Suitable for all common fiber optic connections in Europe: AON, GPON, XGS-PON, via SFP module (Small Form-Factor), certified according to BBF.247
- Delivery with an AON and a GPON module (automatic recognition at home)
- 2x2 Wi-Fi 6 (WLAN AX) with up to 3 GBit / s; 5 GHz: 2,400 Mbit / s (HE160) and 2.4 GHz: 600 Mbit / s
- 1 x 2.5 Gigabit LAN port (NBase-T), 2 x Gigabit LAN port
- DECT base for up to six telephones or smart home devices
- Connections for analog telephone and fax
- FritzOS with firewall, child protection, guest access, MyFritz, VPN and more
- Mesh WiFi for optimal connections with multiple devices
- FRITZ! App Fon, FRITZ! App WLAN, FRITZ! App Smart Home and MyFRITZ! App
- Size: 208 x 150 x 37mm
- Five year manufacturer's guarantee
- Price: 169 euros