With the Fire TV Stick, Amazon has a very successful product in its portfolio that turns every television into a smart TV. We show you what the device can do in principle; In the text we tell you how you can use a few tricks to get even more out of your Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Fire TV Stick Hidden Tricks
Just a few months after the market launch, Amazon announced in autumn 2015 that the Fire TV Stick was the best-selling product on amazon. Five years later, the still very popular TV stick is now available in different designs and price categories.
In the following text, we will explain how you can use your Amazon Fire TV Stick ideally. Amazon Fire TV Stick: Tricks and Features You Should Know About
We’ll show you seven tips & tricks for everything to do with the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- If your Fire TV doesn’t run smoothly, restarting it can solve the problem. To do this, first press the “Home” button and then open the “Settings”. Now select “My Fire TV” and “Restart”.
- Alternatively, you can easily reset your Fire TV Stick to factory settings with a keyboard shortcut. To do this, press the “Back” and “Right” keys simultaneously and hold the key combination. The reset then starts after ten seconds.
- The Fire TV Stick doesn’t just let you watch TV or stream movies and series. You can also use the platform to install and play gaming apps in the Amazon app shop. You can also connect a controller to the system for a better gaming experience. In addition to Amazon’s in-house Fire TV game controller, you can also connect other Bluetooth controllers to Fire TV. To do this, open the “Settings” and the “Game controllers and Bluetooth devices” item. Next, select “Game controller” in the submenu. If necessary, activate the controller and the corresponding Bluetooth button. Now search for your controller under “Add new game controller” and connect it by clicking on it.
- If you are not satisfied with the selection of the Amazon app shop, you can also install external apps. To do this, open the “Settings” and select “Developer options”. Now activate the two items “ADB debugging” and “Apps of unknown origin”. Now go back to the point “Settings” and then open the point “Info”. Here you will find the IP address of the Fire TV Stick under “Network” and can now install apps from the Google Play Store using an Android smartphone or tablet.
- If you have an Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa, you can use voice search to find third-party apps. To do this, hold down the microphone button on the remote control and say the name of the app.
- No speaker boxes at home? Anyone who has subscribed to Spotify Premium can turn any television into a loudspeaker with the Fire TV Stick. All you have to do is switch on your TV and set the TV as the playback device in the Spotify app on your smartphone.