How to install new fonts on Windows 10
Windows usually always appears with the same font package. In the long run, this offers little variety in the selection of fonts for writing texts. In this post, I’ll show you where you can find new fonts for Windows 10 and how you can easily install them or delete fonts that are no longer used.
Installing new fonts on Windows 10
You can upgrade your texts, such as letters, certificates or other documents, with new fonts. The use of engaging fonts can also increase reader attention. After all, most users are familiar with the standard Windows fonts. The choice of fonts on Windows is simply too limited and often not enough. Fortunately, new fonts can be installed on the operating system quickly and easily in just a few steps.
Find new fonts for Windows
If you want to expand the standard Windows font package, you will quickly find it on the Internet. Some portals deal exclusively with the presentation of fonts.
Install new fonts for your Office program under Windows 10
Installing downloaded fonts is delightfully easy on Windows. Open the folder where you saved the downloaded fonts. As a rule, the fonts are saved in the “Downloads” directory. Then follow the steps below:
- Open the font that you want to install with a double click. A window with the respective font opens.
- At the top of the window, click Install.
My tip: Alternatively, you can also install multiple fonts using the context menu. To do this, mark all downloaded fonts. Then right-click on one of the fonts to be installed. Then select “Install” in the context menu and the new fonts will be installed.
How to delete unnecessary fonts on Windows 10
Be careful when deleting fonts: If you remove a font from Windows 10, it will also be deleted in all Office programs and will no longer be displayed. If texts were previously written with the deleted font, they will no longer be displayed. Fonts that are required by Windows 10 cannot be deleted.
- Right-click the Windows button and select “Control Panel” from the drop-down menu.
- A new window is opening up. Here click on “Appearance and Personalization”.
- Then click on the entry “Fonts”. You will now be presented with all of the fonts that are installed on your Windows 10 operating system.
- Use the mouse to click the font that you want to remove. Then click on “Delete” above the displayed fonts. My tip:
- Alternatively, you can click the font to be deleted with the right mouse button and select the entry “Delete” from the drop-down menu to achieve the same result.
- Finally, confirm the process by clicking “Yes” to permanently remove the selected font.