HP OfficeJet 3830 Drivers Installer
File installer for HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Wireless Printer, HP Instant Ink, it works with Alexa. Now see our review and get the drivers easily by clicking the link for free.
HP OfficeJet 3830 Drivers & Review
First I saw a video that this HP OfficeJet 3830 printer was one of the top printers to have, so I was so confused by all the bad reviews, the low Consumer Report score, and was very weary to buy.
However, after setting it up and trying it out I could see some flaws, but not enough or bad enough for the smashing of the printer because of the frustration. So far, I am happy with my purchase.
My review is based on direct hookup to desktop computer. All Wi-Fi and wireless options turned off.
HP OfficeJet 3830 PROS:
- – It prints so fast, compared to my HP Officejet 5610 All-In-one. I am in awe.
- – The scanning is semi-fast and easy to use. Make sure you choose pdf or jpg when you save or you will be redoing all the work.
- – Faxing is fast compared to my old HP All-In-One; however, there are some problems, but I found tricks and I learned some things to make it easier, so not bad. I will share those below. Beware you will go through paper if you don’t load scrap paper or turn off fax notifications.
- – Pictures are better than my old HP. No lines or streaks.
- – The printer input, output tray, and fax input tray can be concealed to make more compact and sleek design. Otherwise, the real depth of the HP All-in-one is 24 inches.
HP OfficeJet 3830 CONS:
- – The paper holder will only hold up to about 20 pages to be safe, so there are no paper jams. It is a pain to constantly have to reload.
- – Can’t fax more than 5-6 pages at a time. I tried 19 pages and it stopped after page 6, some kind of error kept happening. So once I stuck to 6 pages or less at a time things went smoothly.
- – Having to check and change printing properties, every time you print. My old HP automatically did that for me, so I was surprised this newer version was different; unless I still haven’t figured that part out. Not sure.
- – The scanner is semi-fast; however, you really don’t use the screen on the HP. You use the app on computer to run the scanner.
- – The screen is too small and scrolling is very hard to do, when trying to read things. I think setup is the hardest and most tedious part, but once you are past that, things become easier. Though screen is still too small; I am consistently touching the wrong numbers when faxing and having to start all over or backup. I think a pen for the screen would be nice; they could have it attached right below the screen, or on the front of lid. I will have to try the eraser end of a pencil.
- – Sample ink cartridges that come with the printer, just throw them away. Just put in new ink cartridges to begin with, not the samples they supply. I kept trying to print color pages and even the print quality diagnostic failed every time with the samples. The Magenta never appeared, see pictures attached. I was about to send printer back because my friend said don’t open the new ink if the printer doesn’t work, but low and behold, I opened the new ink cartridges I actually purchased and everything works fine. Glad I decided to give them a try. Still need to adjust color/tone/strength levels when printing pictures or color.
- – The size is not what it says on site. It is actually 24” deep with all trays left open/expanded to use.
- – Ink is light when printing certain things, so if you decide to buy this printer beware that you may need to change the level of color you want to print, so you get the correct color/tone/strength. Some pictures are even darker.
TRICKS I LEARNED TO MAKE THINGS WORK SMOOTHLY:
- – Load no more than 20-25 pages in the input tray for printing at a time.
- – Only fax up to 6 pages at a time.
- – When faxing, always always fax in color. There will be a screen that pops up saying that company/number doesn’t accept colored faxes, do you wish to continue, just click yes/okay. This is the only way I have been able to get faxes to work. Once I figured it out, things run smoothly.
- – Start off with new ink cartridges, not the samples they include. It will save you from screaming. Still need to adjust color/tone/strength levels when printing pictures or color.
HP Smart Installer for Mac OS
Click Here>> HP_Easy_Start.app.zip (9.1 MB)
HP OfficeJet 3830 series Print and Scan Driver and Accessories (Windows 32/64-bit)
Click Here>> OJ3830_Full_WebPack_40.11.1120.exe (167.1 MB)
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit)
Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit)